Representing Clients Who Live Out Of State

Representing Clients Who Live Out Of State

  • March 1, 2011
  • David Greene
  • Comments Off on Representing Clients Who Live Out Of State

Many potential clients want to know if I can help them solve their IRS problem even though they live in another state   The answer is “yes.”  The IRS is a federal agency and I can represent anyone who is subject to paying federal taxes, no matter where that person lives.  When I talk with an IRS revenue



officer he or she may be in New York, Florida, California or many other locations.  In today’s world, it is easy to keep in touch with clients by email, fax, phone and even “snail” mail.  Therefore the taxpayer’s physical location is not a hindrance to my representation of him or her relative to delinquent taxes.  I currently represent several clients who live out of state.  On the other hand, I probably cannot represent a person relative to state income taxes, other than South Carolina taxes, since I am not licensed to practice law in any other state.  Sometimes the out-of-state taxing authority gives me permission to represent a person in those situations, however.

Office Location

11 McGee Street
Greenville, SC 29601

Phone: (864) 271-7940
Fax: (864) 370-3413
Toll Free: 1-800-216-1116