How to deal with a missing W-2.

How to deal with a missing W-2.

  • February 18, 2020
  • David Greene
  • Comments Off on How to deal with a missing W-2.

You should have received your W-2 by January 31.  If you did not, you should take these steps: (1) Contact your former employer and verify whether your address is correct and request a resubmission of the W-2.  (2)  If not received in a week, call the IRS and provide the employer’s information, dates of employment and estimated wages. (3) File the return by April 15, 2015 and attach Form 4852 (substitute W-2) or file an extension. (4) File an amended return if your W-2 eventually shows up and differs from what you reported.  Don’t forget that we can now prepare and file your return for you.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Office Location

11 McGee Street
Greenville, SC 29601

Phone: (864) 271-7940
Fax: (864) 370-3413
Toll Free: 1-800-216-1116